Any medical claims here were obtained by doing a little bit of research. I am not medically trained in any way and do not claim to know the validity of any of the medical claims.
Here are some amazing uses for cucumbers. The picture is from www.rareseeds.com
WHO KNEW CUCUMBERS COULD DO ALL THIS!!!
Spice up your 8 glasses per day of water with a slice or two of cucumber. It’s wonderfully refreshing, but there are amazing benefits to cucumber as well. Cucumbers are cooler than you think …
SHARE THIS AWESOME INFORMATION
2. Defogger: Don’t get annoyed about the fog on the mirror after your shower. Just rub a slice of cucumber on the mirror before you hop into the shower. It serves a two fold purpose, you have a fog free mirror and a pleasant smelling bathroom. The nice smell helps to boost your mood. Now you’ll be ready when the kids get up with all of their demands for your time.
3. Headaches: Since cucumbers have a high amount of B vitamins, sugar, and electrolytes, they help to beat that headache that’s been threatening to take over. You only need to eat some cucumber. They also replenish the nutrients missing in your body to help you avoid a hangover the next morning when you have had a little too much wine with dinner. Just eat a half of a cucumber before you go to bed.
4. WD-40 replacement: Cucumbers can help to get rid of a squeaky hinge simply by rubbing some on the hinge. Now you won’t have to worry about tearing your house or garage apart yo find the WD-40, just to get rid of a squeak. No more worrying about waking up the baby when you look in on her and the door to the baby’s room squeaks really loudly.
5. Crayon on the walls: Cucumbers make good erasers for the occasional art work on the walls by the budding artist in the family. When the next Picasso draws the next great painting on the wall with the crayons, just rub an unpeeled cucumber on the art work to erase it. But it might be a good idea to take a picture of it first. That way little junior won’t get too upset when he realizes his masterpiece is gone. This method will also work for pen mistakes.
6. Halitosis killer: When you put a slice of cucumber in the roof of your mouth and hold it there with your tongue for 30 seconds, the photochemical in the cucumber will kill the bacteria that is causing your bad breath. This is the same photochemical that helps hide cellulite and reduces the puffiness in your eyes.
7. Tarnish remover: Store bought tarnish removal creams could pose medical issues for the kids as well as yourself. The odor is fairly strong and could cause breathing issues. Not so with cucumbers. When you rub the tarnished area with the cucumber, be it the stainless steel kitchen faucet or any of the stainless steel appliances, it leaves a pleasant smell, the tarnish is gone, the item is streak free, and there is an added benefit for your hands. The cucumber leaves your hands feeling really soft.
8. Energy booster: When you’re feeling tired in the afternoon, don’t go spending a lot of money on energy drinks or Starbucks. All you need to do is grab a cucumber and eat it. The carbohydrates and B vitamins in it are just enough to give you a longer-lasting and healthier boost of energy than anything else that you can waste your money on. This includes soda, coffee, and those health hazard energy drinks.
9. Got The Munchies?: To keep from starving to death and for energy European trappers ate cucumbers. Did you know that? I sure didn’t, before researching cucumbers and their uses. You can eat a cucumber as a healthy choice when the munchies hit, if those big burly manly men can eat one to keep from starving and to give them extra energy. if your theater doesn’t offer healthy alternatives to munching on butter soaked popcorn, slice up some cucumbers and take them in a small plastic container, instead of giving in to the theaters unhealthy offerings.
10. Frugal facial: If you are a frugal person, then this hack is for you. Slice up a cucumber and boil it in a pot of water, let the chemicals inside of the cucumber mix with the steam. After removing the pot from the heat, simply lean over the pot, and let the steam hit you in your face. This will make your skin more radiant and healthy, and you will feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
11. Shoe polish: Would you ever have thought that a cucumber could polish your shoes? Well, guess what? It can. All you need to do is to cut a slice off of your cucumber and rub it on your shoe. Not only will it shine your shoes, but it will also repel water.
12. Pest control: When you happen to be unfortunate enough to have pests in your garden, never fear, the awesome cucumber is here. Put three or four slices of cucumber in a small pie tin and place them in your garden. You won’t smell it, but the chemicals in the cucumbers has a reaction that pests hate. For a whole year, the reaction will drive them from your garden. You only need to replace the cucumber slices periodically.
13. Sunburn: For those of you that love the sun and can’t stay out of it, and for those of you that have little ones that are always getting their sun screen off, this hack is for you. You and/or your little ones are not always protected by your sunblock. If by chance either one of you ends up getting too much sun, and you got too sunburned, but you don’t have any aloe, help is just a cucumber away. All you need to do is rub some cucumber on the sunburn. There are some doctors that even use cucumber to treat irritated skin and sunburns.
14. Blood pressure: In researching uses for cucumber, I found out that cucumber has been used to treat high blood pressure for a long time. If you have high blood pressure, add some cucumbers to your daily diet. Research is also being done into the use of cucumbers for lowering cholesterol.
15. Constipation remedy: As strange as it may sound, cucumber seeds are a natural diuretic. Next time you are constipated, try eating a cucumber. Add a cucumber to your daily diet if you are one of those unfortunate people that suffers from constipation all of the time.